Messiah is fully accessible to people with mobility challenges.
Our building features:
- handicapped parking with a direct entrance to the sanctuary on the north side of the building,
- a wide, level entrance with a convenient drop-off area from the parking lot on the west side of the building
- an elevator offering access to all levels of the building, including the Fellowship Hall and classrooms, the sanctuary, the conference room, staff offices, and the foyer,
- a wheelchair-accessible unisex bathroom,
- flexible seating in the sanctuary that permits wheelchair users to sit with family members,
- and comfortable, padded chairs as well as traditional wooden pews for general seating.
Appropriately leashed service dogs are always welcome.
We take communion at the rail, at the front of the sanctuary. Wheelchairs can be accommodated at the rail. If you do not use a wheelchair but have mobility challenges, feel free to stand or kneel as you see fit. If you prefer, mention to an usher that you would like to receive the elements at your seat and we will be glad to bring them to you.
Large-print hymnals are available for visually-challenged worshippers.
We would be happy to answer any other questions that you have. Please call the church office at 585-865-1866.